John Crow and his staff were beyond professional. Not only did they accommodate us, they answered each one of our questions and made us feel at ease. Highly recommend this company!
Em Jean Clarksville, TN
Crow Estate Planning and Probate, PLC Estate Planning Lawyers in Tennessee, and Kentucky
In today’s busy world, it seems everyone has many tasks and activities they are trying to complete. However, one of the most essential responsibilities that individuals should focus on is often neglected.
Nevertheless, estate planning should be a priority, especially for individuals and families with minor children or assets they wish to pass on to their heirs and beneficiaries.
Unfortunately, most individuals mistakenly believe that custody of their children and control of their assets will automatically be passed on to their immediate family. However, this is not always the case, and many families are forced to wait for a significant amount of time or pay costly legal fees to try and obtain the financial resources they need to survive after their loved one passes away.
Therefore, it is in your best interest to create a comprehensive estate plan that outlines your final wishes and gives you peace of mind knowing your beneficiaries will receive your assets. Contact Crow Estate Planning and Probate, PLC, of Kentucky and Tennessee, to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your estate planning needs
Why Choose Crow Estate Planning and Probate, PLC?
We offer our clients the expertise to secure their legacy for future generations and help protect what matters the most.
We strive to break down complicated laws into plain language and maintain open communication with our clients.
The services we offer reflects our commitment to producing top-quality results with respect & professionalism.
Our firm focuses on the client, not on the clock. We provide transparent billing and flat rate fees that are provided upfront.
What Type of Experience Does Your Law Firm Offer in Creating Estate Plans?
Crow Estate Planning and Probate, PLC has been assisting the citizens of Kentucky and Tennessee for years with their estate planning needs. Our founder, Attorney John Crow, is passionate about estate planning and assisting individuals and families to avoid the rigors associated with probate or protecting their assets as they grow older.
Our attorney, John Forrest Kelly, also intensely desires to help clients with their estate planning needs. Through his experience in assisting clients, John quickly realized that he had a talent for being able to help individuals with legal problems that they could not solve alone.
Finally, our other legal team members are committed to achieving positive client results. Because Crow Estate Planning and Probate, PLC focuses solely on estate and business planning needs, we can devote more time, energy, and experience to creating a plan tailor-made for your needs.
If you would like more information about how we can put our experience to work for you, contact our law office to schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal needs.
What Are the Benefits of Estate Planning?
It can be easy to believe that estate planning is only helpful for your beneficiaries after you pass away. However, proper estate planning can assist individuals in their everyday lives, especially as they grow older.
Some of the other benefits of estate planning include:
- Wills: A legal document that expresses your final wishes, names an executor to handle your estate, and a plan for how you wish your assets to be distributed.
- Trusts: Creating a trust can prevent your estate from going through a lengthy and costly probate process. Certain types of trusts can also protect your assets from being seized by a nursing home should you eventually require long-term care.
- Advanced Directive/ Living Will: An advance directive outlines what type of medical treatment you do or do not want should you become incapacitated.
- Healthcare Power of Attorney: This legal document designates a proxy to act as a proxy to make vital healthcare decisions should you become incapacitated. One significant benefit is that it can prevent a court-appointed guardian from making those decisions for you.
- Durable Power of Attorney (DPOA): Also referred to as Financial Power of Attorney, a DPOA allows an agent to make financial decisions and sign legal documents if you cannot.
What Type of Service Does Your Law Firm Offer to Its Clients?
One of the most critical aspects of our law practice is the quality of service we strive to offer our clients. Our legal team recognizes that it can be challenging to try and make decisions that involve thinking about your death and making provisions for your heirs and beneficiaries.
However, the associates of Crow Estate Planning and Probate, PLC know the value of helping the citizens of Kentucky and Tennessee plan ahead for the future. Planning today can help your family avoid uncertainty and costly legal disputes after you pass away.
We take pride in providing our clients with personalized service hand-crafted for their particular needs. Because each client’s circumstances differ, each estate plan will be unique and focus on helping families have the financial resources they need after their loved one dies.
When you choose us to assist you with your estate planning needs, we will thoroughly evaluate your financial goals for your beneficiaries and create a plan that will meet those tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Wills: Allow our law firm to help you create a last will and testament that protects your heirs and provides guidelines for distributing your assets.
- Trusts: Our law firm can provide your information on the various available trusts that suit your legal needs.
- Living Trusts: Establishing a trust can help your beneficiaries avoid probate and quickly obtain the financial resources they need after you pass away.
- Power of Attorney: Power of an attorney is a legal document that gives the person of your choice the ability to make decisions on your behalf if you cannot.
- Elder law: If you need legal advice on elder law issues, contact our law firm to learn how we may be able to help.
- Probate: Our attorneys have extensive experience handling all manner of probate legal issues and would be pleased to assist you as well.
- Conservatorships: Contact our law offices immediately if you need help understanding Kentucky and Tennessee's often confusing conservatorship laws.
- Guardianships: Our knowledgeable legal team will work with you to understand the legal complexities of guardianship in Kentucky and Tennessee.